Wednesday, January 14, 2009

So far NO good

I know it is still early in the year but I am secretly relieved that my Saturdays will remain pretty free for the next 6 months. So far, there really have not been a lot of new listings, let alone interesting new listings. Moreover, asking prices are not budging either. Fortunately, there is a silver lining to everything. It looks like the mythical expats have not come back home and hoovered up all the older stocks from 2008. 

I came back to work last week. Nowadays, AFR can't stop talking about how grim the job market is out there. Today (Wednesday), AFR even reported that some graduates have had their job offers rescinded.

A storm is seemingly brewing on the horizon. Rising stocks in some suburbs. Rising unemployment. I wonder who will blink first ? I can promise you it won't be me. Doesn't matter how low interest rate goes, it won't change my budget. Ask any buddies of yours who work in the finance industry this question - are they expecting any pay rise for the next 2-3 years ? I am not. 




1 comment:

  1. There have been some discounts here and there, should be more price drops towards the end of the second quarter as unemployment heads toward 6.0 from the current 4.5 Nov-08 figure.

    ReplyDelete